Sunday, October 2, 2011

Crafting my front porch

It's been awhile since I've been able to properly craft. I had a few days off this week and after (sort of) cleaning my house, going grocery shopping, cleaning my house again (I have a toddler), I was finally able to do some crafting today.

My plan for this week is to find a hay bale to do my front stoop area. It will be pumpkin filled goodness.

It won't be as good as this (because I don't have steps ... or a corn field ... but this is my dream outdoor decor for the fall).

I have pumpkins sitting outside drying from spray paint, and another inside that I still need to paint, but I need to decide how I'm going to put the "B" on it. I am thinking about a light carve that doesn't go all the way through the pumpkin's skin.

I still have to pick up some mums (did you know you should not get already blooming mums? I just read that on a blog.) and some yarn to make this wreath: 
The wreath will probably be a next week project.

I'll share photos when I finish my fall outdoor decor, but for now, here's a taste of my pumpkins drying on the deck:














Are you working on any fall decorations? Share them! I'm always looking for great ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment