Thursday, October 27, 2011

Crafting a new body

See how well I use the word crafting in my blog entries?!?

This morning I woke up with motivation. I'm hoping it sticks with me, but I'm motivated to do my best to lose 100 pounds by the time I turn 30.

Next month, I will turn 29 and as I already feel old, the prospect of being in my last year in my 20s and not doing something about the way I look and feel was just unacceptable. So I am going to do something about it.

I know it's not going to be an easy task, and I know I'm going to need support, so that's where I want your help. I want my friends and family to keep me accountable. I am not looking for people to judge me, but if you haven't heard from me in awhile, remind me and I'll write an update. If I post photos of myself eating candy or fast food, remind me. I know sometimes I will break and need a candy bar, but if it's a pattern of badness, I need to know. But you should know that in this department, I don't take criticism well and in the past, when my sister has been particularly critical of me and my habits, it's made me break down and not even try. So don't do that! :)

So here's to new beginnings and motivation that when I turn 30, I'll be at my lowest weight since ... I was 13.

Before:

Yup. That's the bathroom of the station. And it's only my face, but I have no before picture and honestly I am a little ashamed of the way I look. So there won't be a public before picture. Those of you know me have a mental image of before.

By the way, here's the math on my 100-150 pounds in the next 13 months.

If I lose 150 pounds in the next 396 days, it's one pound every 2.6 days. With the proper diet and working out, I think that's pretty possible. If I lose 100 pounds in the next 396 days, it will be a pound every 3.96 days, which is VERY doable in my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment