Sunday, January 15, 2012

Crafting a new body update

I've lost 6 pounds in the last couple of weeks since I really started working to craft myself a new body.

No, I don't mean crafting a new body like in Silence of the Lambs where he's sewing an outfit out of skin. I mean that I'm creating a new me.

It's not just about my body. I am working on my mind and who I really am. I often talk about how much hate there is in this world and how much anger everyone has. I really think our world would be a better place if we worked together more instead of hating each other. I want to spend the next year doing that ... helping others.

In February I will be participating in the Polar Plunge for Special Olympics. From time to time, you'll see on my Facebook page a post about donating to the cause. This particular cause is special. Special Olympics works to show people everywhere that it doesn't matter if you have a learning or physical disability ... that you can do anything you want to do. I really believe that is true. Every day as I watch my two-year-old do and learn things that are seemingly two years away, I see that with motivation and encouragement, anyone can participate in everything they want to do in life. It's not always going to be easy, but it can be done.

Anyway, if you want to help me participate in this amazing event (that I'm completely terrified of) head to http://somo.org/teamKRCG. You can click on my name to donate specifically to me.

I've always done really well at sticking to a 1500 calorie diet and am hoping to even be able to knock that down to 1200 as my weight loss continues. 

I'm also looking at the types of food I am eating. I am eating more wraps and less sandwiches. I'm eating more fruit and less processed snacks. We are frequently out of bananas long before the week is up and we ate an entire bag of oranges this week. I am still craving the occasional sweet item, so I am using sugar free hot apple cider and low-fat hot cocoa to cure those urges. They usually happen at night.

I am also looking at the ways I can take my leftovers and remake them into a new meal. So next week, (like seven days from now), I'm going to go through and make wraps out of each of my meals. I'm going to get a variety of tortillas to use for the wraps. Each day, I'll post about the meal the night before and how I re-worked it into a totally new meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment