Sunday, January 22, 2012

A bad week, but still good news

This has been a bit of a routine lately -- coming in to Learfield on Sunday, weighing myself and then eating breakfast while I write about the goods and bads of the week.

I do promise to get back to crafting at some point, but lately I've been working a lot with the legislature in session as well as college basketball in high gear. Soon, soon I will finally finish the dresser I've been working on since ... October.

I lost another 4 pounds this week, which is good since it was a REALLY rough week. I didn't keep up with my partner in this trek to health, partly because I wasn't able to work out at all this week, but also because I ate out way too much.

In fact, on Tuesday, I more than doubled my alloted calories for the week. It just shows that pre-preparing lunches and snacks for the week on Sunday is more important than ever. It was a long day at work, and no time to even take a walk around the building.

I almost didn't input all the food I ate on Tuesday into My Fitness Pal because I was afraid to find out what I really ate, but I did, and it encouraged me to make sure I made better choices the rest of the week. In fact, even long days at work when I didn't have time to make something and ate out, I made better choices the rest of the week, and it obviously paid off.

Monday is a new day, and while I won't be able to start my day at the gym, I am going to be able to start it out right, with a good breakfast, a 10 a.m. meeting and then to work for the rest of the day. Tonight, I'll begin preparing lunches and snacks for the week. I already have one good snack made. It's a great trail mix that is rich enough, I'll never eat more than a half a cup at a time.

It's also probably the easiest trail mix you'll ever make.

Ingredients:
Fat free pretzels
peanuts (slow roasted or honey roasted)
raisins
m&ms

I literally put all of it in a gallon size ziploc bag and turned the bag around until well-mixed.

No comments:

Post a Comment